Interaction of Color

6.12.09 at 1:59 PM

Joseph Alber's "Interaction of Color" has been one of the books that has inspired me more to become a designer. Why? Because of the way he expresses color theory and experimentation. He makes color be so applicable to everything. Which is completely true. It is hard not to want to have a color wheel when you first read the 1st chapter. "The fact that one and the same color can perform many different roles is well known and is consciously applied" I could not agree more with what Albers says about color roles. It shows the acquired relationship between different colors. How they are in a way compatible with each other. For example; you can have green with pink and make the image stand out. When you put colors together it makes the image better. It used to be all black and white as a classic tone to art. Now it is more popular to have color and seem more modern to what society is creating. He also talked about the different emotions perceived from colors. I can understand that since when I pick distinct colors for an art project I think about what emotion I want to project. Do I want a bloomy blue? Passionate red? It also reminds me a little bit from kindergarden. Teachers will usually put emotions with colors. If its blue its sad, if its green its about nature, if its red is about love, and so on. Emotions carry on color and I think Albers is correct of making this assumption. I advice you to try and see the website I found of the color theory experimentation: http://www.rotorbrain.com/foote/interactive/hacks/colorinteraction1.html

Design Madness | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com